The Founders Plaza clock is up, and clocks are ticking today at Concordia University!
The sun came out in time for the photo, what a gorgeous fall day. Students will now be able to see, at a glance North, South, East, or West, what time it is! No excuses for being late to class or chapel now 🙂
The LUMICHRON post clock on the Seward, Nebraska campus was donated by Paul and Mary Ann Koehler, and pays tribute to Paul’s father, former professor Vernon H. Koehler. In addition to teaching, Professor Koehler was also a frequent speaker in daily chapel, during which he would borrow his son Paul’s Howdy Doody watch to keep track of time.
The 16-foot high post clock features four (4) 36″ diameter illuminated clocks; tower and clocks custom-built by LUMICHRON. The 4 clocks are kept in perpetual synchronicity with Atomic time, with an automatic master clock controller and GPS antenna; made by our Swiss partner MOBATIME. MOBATIME has been engineering and manufacturing the most accurate, up-to-date, and durable timekeeping equipment and time systems for over 75 years.
Thank you to Dennis Scheer of the architectural firm Clark Enerson Partners Architects and Kurth Brashear, VP for Institutional Advancement at Concordia University for the opportunity to be part of this project.
Concordia University is a private university, established in 1894, and is affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri.